Followers

Friday, October 17, 2014

6th Period - Video PSA

http://vimeo.com/109161323

After watching the video, please answer these questions in the comments below.

How did the video succeed in telling the message to be a safe driver?

How did the video fail in trying to tell this message?

What would you do differently to make this video a better movie?

Be constructive with your criticism. Give your advice on how to do it better next time.

Think about lighting, graphics, acting, direction, props, scenery? What needs the most help?

Please write at least 5 sentences.

15 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The video need a lot of work that needs to done to it. They need to improve the sound quality and picture. the actors had a hard time playing their part. I really had a hard time following the videos purpose. Over all they need to improve on sound and acting to make the video more understanding.

      Delete
  2. I think that the video should get better in explaining what is going on, I got kind of lost. Also it should work on what it is trying to show. Be more specific. Work on the audio and on the quality too. I got the message of the video at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Story behind each group didn't add up to how they got into their cars. This message failed by not having as much actors, which made it confusing for viewers because some of them popped up with another group. If anything, I would've added more people and made the storyline a bit more clearer by making a scene where Hector texts Fatima and the other guy to skip with him. And shake the camera once they crash to give it a clash effect. It was also creative at the end where the students tell facts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The video did well with getting the message to the point at the end of the video with everyone talking about how driving and doing something else can be bad.
    But, it did a bad job at getting to the point with the acting...
    What I would do is fix the acting, and maybe add more people to the video to fix things. I also think that maybe it would have been better if they were in different cars and driving in them. I think maybe they could have also included something about removing the loud sound of the wind blowing. And something that would have been better would be to fix some errors with the video, like the people re-appearing in the same scene. I also think that maybe they should have tried to include pizza and some more people trying to eat there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They were not very intelligent and safe while they were texting and that caused them to crash. This shows that you should not text while you drive. That doing the right thing has a better out come to almost all/ everything. Millions of people die for being dumb while driving.Teenagers are the cause of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that the video was good but i think that there should me changes...like for an example they should practice more acting and make it seem real.I also think that they should add like more stuff like more creativity or stuff like that.But other than that the video was fine.:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The video suceeded in telling the message to be a safe driver by showing the danger and bad things that happen when you are not being a safe driver.The video failed in trying to tell the message by the actors not showing true meaning. In order to make this video a better movie I would try to plan out the acting more and spend more tiime on it to improve it. Overall I was able to understand the message and know what they wanted to portray. Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think they should work better on how they act because they had the same people on every sence.The same guy was sitting down beside the guy that walked out he was outside coming in the class room.Another thing i didn't like was the sound it when they where outside you could'int hear it that well their voices started blurring because of the wind.Another thing I didn't like was the part where they crash it doesn't actually look real,but at least they tried .The last thing is that i didn't understand the last part of the graduation thing it didn't fit the video but it was funny.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do not think they were smart because they were skipping school and thats not smart.I also think they should not be driving at a young age.They should not be texting while driving.They should all have there seatbelts on and should not get up in the car.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The video was okay but they have to work on many things. One thing that they should work on is the audio. It was hard to understand what they were saying. Also, they should of ask other people to act in the video because it was the same people doing different things at the same time. If no one wanted to act, the students that made the video should of worn different clothes or something to look different. Another thing that they should work on is acting. They should work on this because some students were going to one place but then they appeared in another place. It was hard to understand why they were doing this. Confusing I should say, but I got the message and the purpose of the video.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i think the video should be made when the air wasn't blowing.
    The video was also not as good.I didn't like how i didnt learn anything.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The video succeeded in telling the message by showing us different examples of the wrong thing to do while driving. Although, it failed in delivering the message because it wasn't shown with confidence, it wasn't believable. To make this video more believable I would use actors with a little bit more confidence. Also, for the video they could have maybe driven around the parking lot to make it look like they were moving instead of just being parked. The sound could've been improved too maybe they should have spoken louder so that we could hear what they said. Although, overall the message of the video was good and I understand what they were trying to get across.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think this video could of been better by making sure that all the video clips were good because some of them had the same people that were at different places. I think they told the message pretty good at the end, but they should use subtitles. I also think that the actors need to stop smiling and speak louder and the camera needs some hand shake to make it look more professional.

    ReplyDelete