Pay Phones
http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/08/tech/pay-phones-new-york/index.html
Read the short article at the link above. In the comments below, write 5 complete sentences about the article. Do you think that we need more pay phones kiosks that could do more for us? What else can you think of that the phone kiosks could do for the public? What services are needed in public that these pay phone kiosks could do?
Read the short article at the link above. In the comments below, write 5 complete sentences about the article. Do you think that we need more pay phones kiosks that could do more for us? What else can you think of that the phone kiosks could do for the public? What services are needed in public that these pay phone kiosks could do?
first
ReplyDeleteI think a cool idea would be a shelter from rain. It could also have Google maps for directions. The wifi in them would also help with the shelter. they can also have walls and a door to run from a robber /bad person. finally it will need a solar panel on top for power and for phone charging.
Deleteits pretty dope that there making modern payphones. Most public pay phones are outdated. Everyone has Cell phones these days. The new payphone was different ways to help the public. If you stuck in somewhere you don't know, the payphone can help you find your location.
ReplyDeleteI don't really think pay phones are really necessary considering that everyone has their own cell phones now. I've never had to use a pay phone before, but I guess they could be helpful. If your phone dies and you need to call someone or something then yeah.
ReplyDeleteI think it would be cool if the pay phones would be able to do more. Again, I've never actually had to use one before (I never even go outside) but in the case of an emergency they would be important.
The booths or whatever could have a wifi thingy around it so that you know.. wifi. The phones could also have a map so you know where you are if you were to get lost.
This project to re-design pay phones was very creative, maybe the new look can bring more people to them and have them used them instead of having used the cell phones. Having the pay phone able to the public is great mostly if they are free. If the pay phones are free that means that they can be used by the homeless, ones who can communicate with people. One of my favorite from the list is the "beacon" it is gesture and voice activated, it shows a small hint of the future. I'm very astonish by all the re-creations.
ReplyDeleteI think it's cool that you're making modern payphones becasue the old ones are old and outdated. Nobody wants to use an old rusted pay phone that looks all nasty. The modern pay phones will really help people who possibly don't have a cell phone. It can help alot of people in different ways such as finding the loocation to a place or get directions and stuff like that. I think we need more modern payphones all around the world.
ReplyDeleteTHE pay phones can help them in an imegersin.Homeless pepole can use it to ask questions like where to go to get free food.IT can be relly usedful for someone who is travaling to a new place and dont know anthing about that place they can call and get information.IT can be good for if one day you go out and you need to call someone for something but you forgot your phones you can use the pay phone.IT can help reduce the acsedents for pepoel walking around in there phone talking and taxting and getting rannd over for not paying attanoshon whila croosing the street cause pay phones are not movea you cant walk with it.
ReplyDeleteEvolution is a part of everything. Over millions of years plants,animals,and humans have evolved. Now that there are advancements in the technology in the past 50 years, things are starting to get outdated. I don't know how old payphones are but now that people have cell phones, payphones are being ignored.I think its a good idea to bring payphones back, especially if they help people and the environment.
ReplyDeleteWhen I read the article on these different types of payphones people are getting more creative on making different types and styles of payphones. In my good old opinion I think we should have more payphones that Kiosks is making in other countries and cities. I think the ideas that Kiosks is coming up with can really help the people that are walking all around the United States, depending on the type of payphone that is standing around. Another idea that a payphone should probably do is allow you to call in an order or pick up order to any and all nearby restaurants and fast food restaurants.
ReplyDeleteWell yeah i think is cool and will help people without phones. It will be a great improvement in the streets of NewYork. Anyways they should change the way the pay phones look like because it looks old and its the same. They should make look better with color and with internet with it. That it will show the weather and map to tell you where ur at right now or where you want to go.
ReplyDeletei think its good because some people come to a different state or country ad some people don't know anything about the country or how to go to the destination they want to go and i feel like with the phone it can help them allot and they say to choose a language and it helps it and you can see the person face to face and you will be more comfortable that's how i think it can be helpful
ReplyDeleteIts bad-ass how they are making payphones that can be very useful. They cant make a normal payphone because everyone haves a phone so its not going to be so useful.A payphone idea that I have is a payphone that gives you a tv entertainment. Maybe a payphone that gives you actual food would be kick ass.
ReplyDeleteI hope they make a useful payphone.
Yaaaay I guess they are bringing payphones back (I don't know nor do i care about payphones its been like years since i explored the outside *-*)But still it will be useful merp :P
ReplyDeleteI think that some of the pay phones ideas look really cool for people that they can use but I don't think many people would use them because mostly every one carries a cell phone but there still fun ideas.Also you can use the pay phones for emergencies if you not caring around your phone and can call for help.
ReplyDeleteI think that is a good idea because it can help people who don't have a lot of money to pay a cellphone.Also this payphone have free Wi-Fi which is more fast than internet at home. The internet can work across all New York city. One of the more helpful thing is that if got lost the payphone can also help you because it could have google maps.
ReplyDeleteI think that the payphones can be really useful , and they are pretty cool. But I don't think that a lot of people are going to use because most people have cellphones and use them more. Maybe the payphones can be helpful if like one day you forget your phone and you need to call someone, etc.
ReplyDeleteWell I guess better technology comes a price. But at the same time nobody really asked for the phones. It would be really cool if you could have a membership to the company. Maybe even save money insted of paying a bill/.
ReplyDeleteThis is a very creative way of bringing back the payphone since phone technology has gone a long way past the pay phone the artistic style that most of the idea creations there are i think need to fit the environment that its in a city much more urban design but other then that i agree with whats been happening
ReplyDeletePayphones being remasterd is a good idea . The new payphones should offer more than voice call for communication . It can have other communication services like text messgage and Facebbok . It can also be a photobooth and share your pictures on social media .
ReplyDeleteI think that payphones aren't being used as much as they use to be used.I think it is a good idea to renew the payphone and put something more useful than just making calls. It would be a good idea to be able to get directions to a place on a payphone and able to send it to your phone to navigate you to your destination.
ReplyDeleteIts time for an advanced world. Pay phones are just a waste of money and time. Nobody even uses pay phones anymore. I like the ideas people come up with to make pay phones better. But i wonder if they would really do that.
ReplyDeletePay phones made again will be a good idea . It will be a good idea because people who don't have phone or little kids that object will helped them. I really hoped that the New Pay phones they will not get less important to people. It will be a good to navigate to the new pay phones. It will be a good idea to get the new pay phones.
ReplyDeleteBringing back payphones would be cool. If i was designing a plan on how to make them look I would probably let anybody put like there own kind of design. People could of example but some graffiti on it like the wall downtown full of graffiti that would be really cool to do with with the pay phones.Theres more things people could do to make the payphones look cool but I feel like it be cool for people to put graffiti on it or like just art to put peoples own designs on the booths.If I could design a Pay phone I would put like a box around it and then people would just cover it in art with paint with graffiti, well that's what I would do.
ReplyDeleteYes, I think payphones are too old and really I don't see how they're still around since pretty much everyone has cell phones now. But I guess you know if you forgot your phone at home or you lost it somewhere and you call it to see where it is. But I think what would really be good for phone booths is that to be sound proof because a whole lot of people would be listening to your conversation when you are on the phone and I know that obviously annoys people, That's what I would do.
ReplyDelete