Followers

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

3 - Pay Phones Can Do So Much More!

Pay Phones


Read the short article at the link above. In the comments below, write 5 complete sentences about the article. Do you think that we need more pay phones kiosks that could do more for us? What else can you think of that the phone kiosks could do for the public? What services are needed in public that these pay phone kiosks could do?

25 comments:

  1. i think we should get the "NYFI" one because it gives off free WIFI and technology is everywhere so I am sure that at least a couple of people need WIFI say somebody has to do something important and need WIFI they could really use the NYFI booth for that need if WIFI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I think that we should get them because they can do a lot for us. I think the phone kiosks could supply food for hungry homeless people. I also think that it should be free. I think the ''NYFI'' one is good for us. I also think the one about Greenpeace was good because it encouraged people to call the government.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that a good idea to transform the pay phones. To transform them in t rest areas for homeless people. It could also be a modern free phone. Or maybe box that could localize your phone in case you lost it. Another good idea is to transform the pay phone in to a box that can provide wireless internet to 100000000 square feet. Thank you for reading my ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, I think that payphones can do much more than they already do. I like the effort that these students are making to help save payphones. I personally like the one that gives you personal space for video calls. For that one, I think that they should have a website so that you can make an account for it. Or, it can have Skype or Oovoo pre-installed on it. I also like the one with free wi-fi. I think that that one can be a big hit. I think they can be a big hit because not all people's phones are activated and they can be lost and need to text or call theirn parents to pick them up. Thanks to the free wi-fi, they can use like Messenger to text or call them. Those are my thought about the payphone project in New York. I know a few people that still use payphones every now and then. But, what I think that they should do to payphones is clean them, make sure that hey are not broken, and lower the price a little bit. Only by a little bit for example, instead of $0.25 a minute, it can be $0.25 per 5 minutes. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The thing I think they should do with the pay phone is update it. So if people phones die they will have some where to call someone and they don't have to think about it being dirty or anything. They can also put some germ x in the updated pay phone just in case people think it is dirty. I would use it if my phone died if it was updated. One other thing the could do is add WiFi to the pay phone. For people that need internet to do something. That is what I think they should do with the pay phone. I think people would use a updated phone instead of a old phone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that there is something that we can do with the payphone is,that we can make it into a TV.Yes i said a tv i mean why not it can help the homeless.And also the turrest.Because the homeless could watch it.And the turrest can watch it when they walked to the streets.So i think that a miny tv will be a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. and the NYFI booth could help someone communicate with someone with only internet with apps like pinger that app only can communicate (call and text) with only internet so the NIFY can let someone use that app

    ReplyDelete
  8. Skype or Oovoo pre-installed on it. I also like the one with free wi-fi. I think that that one can be a big hit. I think they can be a big hit because not all people's phones are activated and they can be lost and need to text or call theirn parents to pick them up. Thanks to the free wi-fi, they can use like Messenger to text or call them. Those are my thought about the payphone project in New York. I know a few people that still use payphones every now and then. But, what I think that they should do to payphones is clean them, make sure that hey are not broken, and lower the price a little bit. Only by a little bit for example, instead of $0.25 a minute, it can be $0.25 per 20 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that we should have NYFI. Because we need the wifi from it. And having free wifi is good because we have a lot of technology that use wifi. And for the people that dont have wifi can use it for their purposes. And we can also call people on there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think the nyfi design was the best because it provides wifi. Also the beacon design is great because it provides information and is a public phone. I also think the NYC loop design is great because it offers a private space to make video calls and displays advertisements and interactive artworks on the side walks. I think that we can make phone kiosk into donation boxes. Also we could make them into restrooms.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think the article was great. I agree with Jerimiah, I think the NYFI idea is fantastic and amazing.Doing stuff like this can help save the world and help recycle and reuse stuff.If we were to do this with everything that we dont really use anymore, we can have a technology world, more than we have now.So I say we do this with everything.It wil make the world a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We could use some of these ideas. A lot of these ideas are really great and i hope to see them in the future. They should make one where you can do your buisnnes in there and you could call at the same time . I really like the one where you can have free wifi . Everybody needs free wifi ! A lot of these are very usefull .

    ReplyDelete
  13. yes i tink that we need more kiosks we coled youse them like in a earth chuake it can tell us were to go and stay. Or tell us were we are and show us a map and othere cool stuff that we need.We can call the cops if theres an imergancy and other tings that we cold youse

    ReplyDelete
  14. These pay phones that they are going to make might make the future better.The pay phone will provide us WIFI.The pay phones might provide us directions to a place.Heck they might make it a bathroom.Anyways these pay phones that they are coming up with might make the future a good place.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think that they should keep the payphones because we can upgrade them into better an useful tech. If I had to chose a payphone it would be "NYFI". I think it would help tourist that happen to get lost. Also it would come in handy if you need wifi to call someone or to look for something online.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes.I think there should be more modern pay phones because they could help way more.Because the new ones like the one that has the map could really help alot what if you are lost the pay phone map will help or what if your child has an electronic that all you need is WIFI to send text to you to let you know where he/she is, that pay phone would help alot .so thats why I think they should make more modern pay phones.and another thing that a pay phone should have is a heter for when its cold and a cooler when its hot.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think they should change it up a little the payphone like more online service it is really helpful for the other people who don't have phone the people who do have phone they can just keep texting and keep using there phone no matter what the phone booth it stays in one plays and gives away free wifi.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think that it could be good to have a updated phone booth because if you get lost you can use the internet. They are also good for identifying people if missing.Good for the environment if they have a solar panel.They can help if it is raining to call the nearest cab car .
    They can bring attention to the town or city. Bring new idea's for more thing's to be updated. Good for people who forgot there phone at home and need to use a phone or people who don't have a phone can use it and be interested.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think it more better know wen they well back they now they are more good you can get free wife and online service and make it look more article and look more cool and we should have NYF andSkype or Oovoo pre-installed on it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I thank pay phone ore good in to use them for free for safety.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think that a pay phone are good to use because they are safety

    ReplyDelete
  23. i dont really like the payphones because evrybody uses them ill rather have my own kind of cellphone some are realy old and some people leave it really dirty i think its beter to have youre own because there more advance and just better

    ReplyDelete
  24. i think the payphone should provide the weather,time,and date..it should also provide a phone book just in case you forget the number to pizza hut or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it can help the public by alot of ways it can help them on the time if they running late or something, the date maybe you have a special event to attend to on a ceratin date, weather maybe you forget you're jacket and it going to rain,phone book just in case you forgot someones number that you need to call for an emergency or if its important

      Delete