Pay Phones
In the comments below, write 5 complete sentences about the article.
Do you think that we need more pay phones kiosks that could do more for us?
What else can you think of that the phone kiosks could do for the public?
What services are needed in public that these pay phone kiosks could do?
Imagine you are visiting a city you've never been to, walking around downtown wondering where everything is.
What if your neighborhood was destroyed in an earthquake.
Could a public info station help you? In what way? Imagine you were homeless, living on the streets. What services could you benefit from?
KIOSK -
KIOSK -
- a small structure in a public area used for providing information or displaying advertisements, often incorporating an interactive display screen or screens.
yes we should need more pay phone because we can use pay phone as something that can really help us, like if we have a terrorist attack or if someone is lost they can use a payphone. Well I know that mostly every one have a mobile phone but what happens if you ran out of batteries and you really need to call someone that can help them to make a call or something else useful. There some people that are broke and they find a quater in there pocket they can call someone that can maybe help them with there problem or if there phone can`t make phone call out of the US, They can use the pay phone to make that call. Even if I visited a city or a country or a state that never been to I can use a pay phone to get information and be safe. If there something that happens I need to call the police or someone for an emergency I can use a pay phone for I can save that person or maybe my self.
ReplyDeleteIt's great that we're turning pay phone kiosks into something new, because almost everyone has phones so you don't need to use a payphone. I've seen some pay phone kiosks turned into big fish tanks, but having a kiosk that can help tourists if they're lost is a bit better in my opinion because not many people like to ask for help because they feel like they might embarrass themselves or are shy, so a kiosk that tells you where you are/can give you directions is amazing. I think that there should be a kiosk that is an elevator and can take you down to the underground as shelter (in places where tornadoes are common). But I do wonder if the kiosks are going to be free, or you have to pay with currency. I hope its free.
ReplyDeleteMost of the people have phone these days, they dont use the pay phones. I dont think we need more pay phone kiosks because people wont use them that much. But if i had an idea of making a kiosk i would paint it so that it looks like an illusion. We can also have it with mirrors on the outside so it looks cool.
ReplyDeleteyes we should need more pay phone because we can use pay phone as something that can really help us, like if we have a terrorist attack or if someone is lost they can use a payphone. Well I know that mostly every one have a mobile phone but what happens if you ran out of batteries and you really need to call someone that can help them to make a call or something.
ReplyDeleteI think the idea of putting all the technology in these pay phones is a good idea. But what if a car goes out of control and hits the payphone. You need to think of the pro's and con's, I mean yeah if you don't have a phone it's good for that, but what if a car loses control and hits the payphone. I mean yeah you might think it's a good idea and your probably right but it's a lot of money to fix it.
ReplyDeleteI think pay phone suck.I think the city should up date them.Why do they up date every thing else,but not pay phone.
ReplyDeleteIf I was visiting a new city, the kiosk could help me by being a phone and telling me how to work it.
ReplyDeleteI think are really help full because they can help people out. They can help people call other people if they forget their phone or if they don't have one.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteSounds familiar.
DeleteA good idea for a pay phone can be a wifi spot. A wifi spot will be a perfect spot for people to get wifi from and just pay for it. It will be great for tourist because they can easily get wifi. Wifi can be helpful for them to look up a restaurant, museum, or another place. I think if we make this idea, it can earn up a lot of money.
ReplyDeleteBringing back payphones would be cool. If i was designing a plan on how to make them look I would probably let anybody put like there own kind of design. People could of example but some graffiti on it like the wall downtown full of graffiti that would be really cool to do with with the pay phones.Theres more things people could do to make the payphones look cool but I feel like it be cool for people to put graffiti on it or like just art to put peoples own designs on the booths.If I could design a Pay phone I would put like a box around it and then people would just cover it in art with paint with graffiti, well that's what I would do.
ReplyDeleteI think people would use the KIKO phones to look at a map.I think its a good idea to have those phones because when someone needs to use the phone for an emergency they can use that phone and they have it all over the place its like if it would be a map or something to they need.I think citizens should have necessarys and the government should provide that stuff.
ReplyDeleteI think that it is a good idea for kisko phones for WiFi to call on cellular devices for calls like emergency calls or important calls like if your phone has no signal you have kisko phones around the next building you can use it.And the design is great how they made the kisko phones or the WiFi spot.
ReplyDeleteI think that it is a good idea for kisko phones for WiFi to call on cellular devices for calls like emergency calls or important calls like if your phone has no signal you have kisko phones around the next building you can use it.And the design is great how they made the kisko phones or the WiFi spot.
ReplyDelete