http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/08/tech/pay-phones-new-york/index.html
Read the short article at the link above. In the comments below, write 5 complete sentences about the article. Do you think that we need more pay phones kiosks that could do more for us? What else can you think of that the phone kiosks could do for the public? What services are needed in public that these pay phone kiosks could do?
I think that this is a great idea for anybody in general who isn't able to own a phone. Having these payphones would be a great advantage . Anybody on the street could easily make a phone call without no hassle. The idea of the six finalists making and designing a new payphone kiosk is just really great. It would be nice to be able to use a phone that can be used at any time without anybody worrying about a battery dying or a broken phone. This new project will definitely come in handy and help out a lot of people. Great work and progress will for sure bring back the payphones that we started out witn
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteIn a way i think its great that they are tying to improve the public phones and their services. But its sort of a waste of money and resources because many people these days have phones.
ReplyDeleteIt would be better if they had some sort of emergency panel placed in various parts of the city to notify any authorities.
pay phones are out-dated in this time and simply are just no use anymore, perhaps is time to modify/upgrade other things that should be more useful to the public, such as phone charging stations in case your battery dies or is low. that's a much better help to the people.
I really don't care about the pay phones I believe they are actually in the way. I don't care what they do with them, but some of the ideas are cool. I don't have any ideas for the kiosks because I think they are just in the way. If I was in charge of this issue I would just see if I could use any of the parts for anything else like recycle them. Other than that one idea I don't have anymore ideas this sentence is used just to get me a paragraph.
ReplyDeleteI think this idea is great and i think its useful for people that might need it for something , the new tech ideas are very great and thoughtful .. for people to make now a days for people to try with it or play.
ReplyDeleteWell my idea for pay phones are just to remove them, make room for the idea that help modern day society. No uses pay phones anyway so just scrap them and use the material for something helpful, Plain and Simple. There are some great ideas but you're putting content in public. Sometimes the public just wants to be to themselves....
ReplyDeleteit can be used as decoration and stuff and maybe used or other stuff like storage things or something idk
ReplyDeleteEveryone has a phone that they can carry in their pocket and take it with them wherever they want to go. I believe with the pay phones around in the cities they should be designed into better technology. Our generation has changed to where its all about technology. Instead of having old phone booths we should change them to charging stations to charge your phones and add Wifi so that way people can be on the internet and they can even add or change them into drinking stations.
ReplyDeleteloking about the pay phone it pretty cool about some of the idea they have for pay phones i think they should have the wifi around the city because people use internet all the time and alot of people have phones now so pay phones really going out of style but if they bring the new way pay phones out it would come back to life and people would start using them again .
ReplyDeleteI think is a great idea to make the payphones a little different because they aren't being used as much and people are starting to forget about them.I think that some of the designs of the payphones look cool and that they might start using the the payphones more.I belive that the by reiventing the pay phone more people are going to like it and use it more because they will be surprise on how they look and how different it is from the old pay phones.It's also great for people to use that can't afford phones or if they just forgot it or lost it.So this is what I think about the article that by reinventing the pay phones is a great idea.
ReplyDeleteI think hat there should be like an pay phone for people that can't afford there own phone and there should be like a charging spot because mostly everybody have there own phone to use.
ReplyDeleteI think that the payphones should be used to make other things. No a days everyone carries a cell phone with them. Not a lot of people remember pay phones.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI respect the fact that pay phone are being remade.Because most of them are old antiques that need to be remade for people to use them.It my seem that no one uses them because of cell phone , but what happens if they don't own one at all.
ReplyDeleteI think the payphone can be use like a charging spot,
ReplyDeleteor a place in which you can get info about the place you are in (if you are a tourist).
It will be great if they give you free WiFi also.
I think we do because some people don't have smartphones, and they probaly don't travel as much.I think there should be more payphones, because people can call for navigation or internet.
ReplyDeleteAll these ideas for the new "payphones" are amazing. They are great for big cities to help them, but how will we be able to pay for these item, and how are people sure they won't abuse these items. Another idea would be to make one like if someone lost there phone and it can track it down to see where it is. I think we should fund this, make a prototype and see how people react.
ReplyDelete