Write a paragraph about the topic of protest in the COMMENTS BELOW. Please write at least five complete sentences.
Below are some questions to help you write your paragraph.
We've seen a lot of people protesting around the world in the news lately.
What is one example of a protest that you have read about recently or from the past.
What are/were they protesting? What is/was the issue?
Why is it important to protest?
What is one thing that you'd like to protest? Is there something in your life that bothers you that you think could be better?
How would you protest this?
Is public protest an effective way of causing change? Why or why not?
What are the consequences of protesting? Could you be arrested or beaten?
Below are some questions to help you write your paragraph.
We've seen a lot of people protesting around the world in the news lately.
What is one example of a protest that you have read about recently or from the past.
What are/were they protesting? What is/was the issue?
Why is it important to protest?
What is one thing that you'd like to protest? Is there something in your life that bothers you that you think could be better?
How would you protest this?
Is public protest an effective way of causing change? Why or why not?
What are the consequences of protesting? Could you be arrested or beaten?
aq
ReplyDeleteI think that most of the protests are kinda dumb. Ive heard of the officer choking a person to death. I believe that the officer was a little too rough but I dont believe it was a hate crime. the officer should not have held him like that. I think the officer should go through training again. But the protesters think it was a hate crime.
DeleteAn example of a recent protest is the immigration protest, not sure whats the exact name of it.
ReplyDeleteThey are protesting to get immigrants to be citizens of the U.S.
Something I would protest is to be able to drink alcohol in a younger age.
I would protest this by making fliers, announcements, & more stuff.
Public protest is an effective way to cause a change because the people who make the law will sooner or later get annoyed & tired of the protesting.
The consequences of protesting is that you can be beaten up, killed, arrested, raped, & more things.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteOne protest that I heard about was on the news when people protest about the Treyvon Martin Case and the Micheal Brown case. It's important to protest so you can get your voice heard on the issue that you really care about. They was protesting because the police killed innocent African American teenage boys for no reason. One thing I would protest about is policeman killing innocent students or really anybody that's African American like that one dude who just got killed from an officer who put him in a choke hold, and wouldn't let go when the dude said he couldn't breathe. Public protesting is an effective way of causing change for the simple fact that it gets your point across; it lets the government or whoever know that you're serious about what you're talking about. The consequences of protesting are very serious because you can be arrested or beaten also possibly killed. I think the police will find anyway or any reason to do any of those things especially because or what your race is.
ReplyDeleteA protest i recently seen in was about in this school about teacher being cu-roped and a student getting raped.It is import-hen to protest because you need to stand up for whats right and whats wrong. There can be consequences for protesting because sometimes there people that go overrode and start bandalising privet properly or even braking into stores and that is eligel. Public protesting can be affected by more people joining your cause or sponsoring by giving you many for more poster bored or water bottle.a person being shot five times by police men for no reson.
ReplyDeleteThere have been protests about people being killed and then the police not getting in trouble for it. I think that the police should get in trouble because murder is silly and stuff.
ReplyDeletePeople are labeling these as hate crimes because the people that have been killed were black, but I think that them being black is just a coincidence and that the police officers were just breaking the rules because they think they're above the law.
People are protesting because they think it's unfair that the fancy people won't indict the officers that had done the murdering. The officer should go to prison, in my opinion, because he killed someone that was unarmed.
I would protest if cats were to ever become against the law.
There are harmful things that could happen, but for cats.. It's something I might just have to do.
There is a big protest issue going on against Mr. Bill Cosby. It has actually occurred a few times that he has sexually assaulted woman when they were younger. Cosby's lawyers are saying that it doesn't matter anymore because these assaults happened almost 30 odd years ago that nobody has evidence that the events occurred.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThe recent news that I had heard that had protest on it. Was about the shooting of michael brown. In University of Alabama students stage silent protest of Michael Brown grand jury decision. They were doing it because a white cop shoot a black kid named Michael Brown and had no weapon with him. Well its a good thing if you want to stop something.
ReplyDeleteA recent protest that I have read about, is the Egypt's " Insulting Revolution". They are protesting about, a murder case against Mubarak over the killing of protesters. I think that protesting is important because it proves how everyone together united pose a threat to make change. Something that I would protest strongly about will be the legal system, how we need the right to stay in this country together as a family, and not send back separably to our country make us break away from our love ones.I would gather many people, which wont be impossible because there is many illegal people in this country. After gathering them I would -prep-er them for a protest.A agree that public protest is an effective way to cause a change, because that is how you attention. All tough protesting sometimes has its effects. The people could get arrested or beaten if necessary. The people understand that it doesn't matter what it takes to make a change.
ReplyDeletewhat I have heard lately in the news is about Michael browns was shot at by a police officer and Michael was surrendering but still got shot at. Now there are protesting to the police department about the officer not getting criminal charges.There is a lot of people now protesting and I think its sometimes good because people want justice and there voice heard but sometimes it is dangerous protesting because you can get beaten or arrested but its mostly the people that go crazy and start breaking public property or start doing dumb things.I think you can make a difference by protesting but it is risky to protest because of all of the police officers but at the same time it is important to see that people have rights .
ReplyDeleteWell I am happy that the people are standing up for what they believe .Also now police brutality is going to go down. I honestly think its good.
ReplyDeleteProtest are meant for your need or what people want. For example the 10 missing students later found burned by the narcs. The family students want justice done. The president isn't doing his job by helping out the family's. The whole world wants to help on the problem its just the narcs are taking over. There isn't any where safe.
ReplyDeleteThe protest that happening today and the common one right now is the furgeson incident by my understanding I know the details and protesting about helps other people understand this incident but in protest there is a flaw and it is a riot and people can get arrested this is what think on protesting.
ReplyDeletePeople who protest will get beatten and arrested, cops don't like when people protest. Protest is illegal in some states, I think the cops are corrupt and they don't want nobody to fight what they believe in.
ReplyDelete