Write a paragraph about the topic of protest in the COMMENTS BELOW. Please write at least five complete sentences.
Below are some questions to help you write your paragraph.
We've seen a lot of people protesting around the world in the news lately.
What is one example of a protest that you have read about recently or from the past.
What are/were they protesting? What is/was the issue?
Why is it important to protest?
What is one thing that you'd like to protest? Is there something in your life that bothers you that you think could be better?
How would you protest this?
Is public protest an effective way of causing change? Why or why not?
What are the consequences of protesting? Could you be arrested or beaten?
There have been many protest about the shooting of Micheal Brown's shooting. Many people are in-raged that the policeman was not charged with any damaging cost. That's what made the people more angry.There have been many people in support of Michael Brown's death. In a football game these 3 players came out with there hands out. Just like he did before he was killed.
ReplyDeleteWhat are/were they protesting? What is/was the issue?
ReplyDeleteIn Ferguson, they are protesting against Police Officers who have done injustice to minorities and it has caused alot of uprisings.
Why is it important to protest?
To get your message across and get to start a change from what is occurring.
What is one thing that you'd like to protest? Is there something in your life that bothers you that you think could be better?
Well, I would like to protest against what is going on in Ferguson. Michael Brown did not deserve to be shot, just because he is an African- American and it was "said" that he "stole" something from a store. There's enought evidence that he didn't and so, many are still going against it.
How would you protest this?
I guess by how others do it, just talking about it at home, since I'm not really old enough to go out of town.
Is public protest an effective way of causing change? Why or why not?
Sometimes it can be, it just depends. If people are really into what you are saying and believe it to be true, then by all means, it will bring a change.
What are the consequences of protesting? Could you be arrested or beaten?
You could get arrested and beaten, just like how those in Ferguson are being treated, just by protesting what is on their minds.
Many people in Mexico are protesting about the 43 students that have disappeared(killed) in the past few weeks. These people are protesting because they want better protection and a better government in order to have a better country. I think it is important to protest because it helps express what people want in order to make a good change, almost all the time. One thing that I would like to protest about is school lunch/food and not being able to wear hoodies in school. I want to protest about these things because most of the time the food is not good and I wearing hoodies is nothing bad, is it? So, yeah I would protest about this. Maybe you are wondering how, right? Well, I would gather up with a group of people that also think or believe what I think and to this for a long time until the school board makes our(my) wishes come true. I think that protesting in public does actually make a difference because, as I said, it can change what other people want and believe. The more people, the better In many protest people do get hurt and/or arrested, but if humans beings want a change, they have to take a chance.
ReplyDeletePeople in Ferguson are protesting on the incident that happened with Michael Brown on August 9th. The case had to do with a white cop killing an african-american, which made the whole media spiral up what happen. This is important because people are tired of police taking advantage of their rights of being part of the law. And making brutal "mistakes" to innocent people who are harmless. I like the fact that people are more furious than ever. That's a big thumbs up from me, honestly I'd riot over what happen too. Yet a public and peaceful protest is often more effective than a riot, because officials can actually understand what their message is. Above all, protest are a good thing, but they should always keep limits. Otherwise you'll end up getting hurt or spend a couple nights in jail. Is it worth though? What do you think?
ReplyDeleteThere were parents who weren't happy with this school and they came to protested. They were complaining about the education we get, over all the whole school. It is important to protest because you draw attention to your cause and what you want to get changed, for good hopefully. Justice. I would protest against abortion. I think its not nice to kill little babies, no matter what the reason is. Just have the baby and if you dont want it give away, the baby would have a nice and happy life with some family that loves them. You shouldn't kill a little baby. I would protest it with a protest of course. I would get others that agree with me to march or get people to agree with us, and help our point get through. I think a public protest is an effective way to make a change. You get people to see your point of view, and maybe even change it to what you want. Protesting will definitely help. As stupid as the world is people get beaten or arrested for protesting. Even in America, who gives American Citizens the freedom of expressing what they think or belief. But there are still cases of people who have gotten arrested and beaten even though they were innocent. It really makes us look stupid
ReplyDeleteThe protest that happening today and the common one right now is the furgeson incident by my understanding I know the details and protesting about helps other people understand this incident but in protest there is a flaw and it is a riot and people can get arrested this is what think on protesting.
ReplyDeleteA recent protest I've heard about is the death of Eric Garner. The reason for the protest was because Eric's death was unjustful and the cops took it way too far when he was already submitting to be arrested. They choked him to death and the cops were aware of what they were doing because Eric was telling them that he couldn't breath but they continued regardless. It's important to protest because it's how a crowd of people bring up the significance of certain issues that are being overlooked. If I could protest against an issue I would protest against sweat shops. I don't think little kids, and people who work at sweat shops, should be losing their fingers to make some shoes for a very ridiculous pay check. To protest this I would stop wearing any shoes made by those corporations with sweat shops, which is pretty much all the corporations. A public protest is effective in my opinion but it has to be done right. Most people just start doing some outrageous things that are unnecessary to get a point across. They do those things without realizing that there's consequences to their actions. People have to be logical during a protest because eventually it's going to be resolved, and the crimes they committed are going to be looked at. Therefore, I agree with public protest as long as they're contained and done properly.
ReplyDeleteThe protest was at Ferguson.
ReplyDeleteThey shot a innocent man.
he was African american