Write a paragraph about the topic of protest in the COMMENTS BELOW. Please write at least five complete sentences.
Below are some questions to help you write your paragraph.
We've seen a lot of people protesting around the world in the news lately.
What is one example of a protest that you have read about recently or from the past.
What are/were they protesting? What is/was the issue?
Why is it important to protest?
What is one thing that you'd like to protest? Is there something in your life that bothers you that you think could be better?
How would you protest this?
Is public protest an effective way of causing change? Why or why not?
What are the consequences of protesting? Could you be arrested or beaten?
What are/were they protesting? What is/was the issue? They Where protesting about Micheal Brown, and how the police officer shot him.
ReplyDeleteWhy is it important to protest? It is important to protest to get what you deserve is right.
What is one thing that you'd like to protest? Is there something in your life that bothers you that you think could be better? I really want a cafeteria for our school not the gym to eat in.
How would you protest this? I will protest by doing a petition.
Is public protest an effective way of causing change? Why or why not? I think it is a good idea to protest in public because it will bring attention to people. I would do the same thing if i was them too.
What are the consequences of protesting? Could you be arrested or beaten? You could be arrested for vandalizing property by the state but just speaking your mind you can in America.
Well recently I have seen the protesting of Michael Brown and just African American men getting shot for no reason at all.The reason they are protesting is because they are not getting justice.They want justice to be done and right now.Right now what happening is that the police who have shot a black man are not being charged for what they have done and the people are not content with, I know I am not.Its important to protest because people have a right to show what they think and to speak up for them selves.Its called Freedom of Speech.I don't really have anything to protest for that is different from what others are protesting for.Yes,protesting is an effective way to get your point across that you will not rest unless justice is done.Now, there are many consequences to protesting such as being beat or being arrested or tear gas as you can see nobody will stop protesting until they get what they want.
ReplyDeleteThe Michel brown protest about the umarmed black teen that got shot the protest is important its about police brutality I would protest and say that the cops should get in trouble because the cop didnt get in trouble they let him off and he should of have gotten in trouble. a public protest dose help it shows how much it can impact the people in the community. the consequences of public protesting are getting arrested and beatin and jail time if they get you or get in trouble if you hit a cop or something
ReplyDeleteOne story was about Michel Brown. They were protesting because the white police officer killed African american person. It is important so the police do not kill in more people for something so little. I would protest that all jobs get paid a least $18-25 for minimum wage. I would get all the people that don't like there pay check. I would say yes because if they get enough people the would get the change. There are many consequences. Like people start riot's then the police get involved and they start to through tear gas and flash bangs. Then start to get people to arrest people for getting to violent.
ReplyDeletethe issue why we are protesting is because michael brown's dead.a racest police shot him. we are protesting for the 43 ayotzinapn students hat disapeard in mexico.we protest so goverment can hear what we want
ReplyDeleteRight now what happening is that the police who have shot a black man are not being charged for what they have done and the people are not content with, I know I am not.Its important to protest because people have a right to show what they think and to speak up for them selves to have rights
ReplyDeletewell people been protesting about many things some might involve freedom of speech and some involve football teams breaking up.....people protest for so many good reasons its a way to speak how they feel about a situations.protesting in public might a change a persons point of view visulizing it and realizing it.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteProtesters are still fighting about the death of Micheal Bronw. They are protesting for justice , and rasicm. We have to fight for whats right . I think i would protest about immigration. I think ill march around the capitol whit a bunch of other protesters. Imigration is a big problemin the U.S , since the hispanic population is rising in America.If the protest gets violent , there may be consequences.
ReplyDeleteI've heard about the protest of Micheal Browns death and people are protesting in NY and other places too. The issue is why didn't they arrest the police for killing Micheal Brown for no reason.It's important to protest because we need our rights to do stuff a have freedom.I would like to protest why this school won't let use wear hoodies.I would protest this by going on strike.Yeah because people might not go there anymore and the manager will have to change some stuff.You could get arrest but how much you want to bet they would beat or arrest the black people only.
ReplyDeletepeople have been protesting about alot of things like immigration,cops killing teenagers and other things. For example people have been protesting about the killing of Michael Brown a teenager killed by a cop. The issue is that cops are killing teenagers and some people don't like the choice the president did and some do. It is important to protest because people need to do something about problems.I think something I would protest is the waste we keep putting in the environment.
ReplyDelete1.The death of unarmed teen Michael brown shot to death by cop.
ReplyDelete2.So that you can get the word out of the issue.
3.Police violence and racism they are suppose to protect us but instead they are killing us.
4.I will march down town protesting with more people.
5.I thing yes because it can help you get the word outer of the issue.
6.You can get beating for police using force,but i don't think that you can get arrested.
Well I read about how in Alabama Birmingham they are going to cancel the football team but the students are protesting to save the football team because they want to keep the football team. The issue was that they were gonna cancel the football team & that was the issue & that was why they were protesting. Its important to protest because you help save tings & instead of things getting canceled they get saved because people protest to save that. the thing that I wanna protest is well I don't really have something that I want to protest. Nothing really bothers me so that's why I don't have anything to protest. Well if I had something to protest then I would explain how i would protest it. Public protest is effective & it does change things because if you protest things then you can save whatever you protest. The consequences of protesting is that you can get beaten & arrested because the police get mad or maybe not only the police the people around you get mad too then you can get beaten by them.
ReplyDeleteMe, I haven't read ANYTHING about protesting or anything like that. But, lately, I have seen videos about police brutality like for Mike Brown, this guy that they did not mention his name but cops chocked him and he died hours later. They are protesting about police brutality and some people say that it's racist, and others were saying that it was cold blooded murder.It is important to protest so that they can learn what they did wrong and fix it but, you cannot fix deaths.I would like to protest about wifi. I think that wifi should be free. I think that wifi should be free because, the future will be all about electronics and coding. Guess what? you can find help about coding online. I would protest it by going to some poor people with bad wifi and ask them if they would like to join my protest. Then, we would go to a wifi place like Google (Google Fiber) and tell them why we want free wifi and hopefully it'll work. Yes, I think it is because if there are a lot of them, they can block roads and then bad things can happen unless, they change / do whatever you want them to do.The consequences of protesting can get pretty bad. For example, you could get beaten or, you can run out of food since there's so many of y'all or, you might even get arrested. Well Mr.Streckfus, I hope you're satisfied with my answers.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThe consequence for protesting is most of the time people die and most of the time it leads to violence and yes you obviously could get arrested.Public protest are effective ways of causing change because sometimes people join you and it gets peoples attention.One thing that I would protest is about this school I'm going to because they care about the school looks than the actual students and I think thats wrong and also most of the teacher here are bad teachers and lazy.I would protest this by telling all the students here to join me and stand outside and marching around the school and yelling that we want better teachers and better stuff.It is important to protest because if we did not we would live in a harsh world were we all suffer except the big people and every thing would be cruel.Like the people in that university they want to keep their football team so they are protesting.
ReplyDeleteAt University of Alabama at Birmingham they are planning on shutting down the football program, along with 2 other programs. They are protesting because to keep the programs. I mean what are they going to do when they shut down the programs. I would protest because of bully. Bullying can lead to suicide and self harm. I would protest by contacting every school and see if they can join my protest. Yes because people will notice them. The consequences of protesting could be anything really. You can be arrested and beaten. Back in the day they were sprayed with water. That's because it was with the fire hose
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletehey were protesting because the white police officer killed African american person. It is important so the police do not kill in more people for something so little. I would protest that all jobs get paid a least $13-35 for minimum wage. I would get all the people that don't like there pay check.this guy that they did not mention his name but cops chocked him and he died hours later. They are protesting about police brutality and some people say that it's racist, and others were saying that it was cold blooded murder
ReplyDeleteAn example of a protest that I have heard of has happened recently, is on the shooting. Its the one about a white cop had shot a black kid and people have been protesting on it.People say there should be no reason he should of shot him because he was only trying to put his hands up.
ReplyDeleteI think it is important to protest so we can speak out our minds of what is happening, and to tell tell the people how we feel about the crime or when they try to take something important to the people down. I believe we just want the people to hear us out and let us give our opinion on what is happening, trying to make things right in there world.
A protest is a statement or action expressing disapproval of or objection to something.An example about a protest is the Michael brown protest.
ReplyDeleteThey were protesting about a american cop killing a African
american. They want to stop racism.
It is important to protest to protest so u can express your self.
I would like to protest about having a football field and soccer field in this school because we need one.
I would protest this by getting people to have a strike with me.
I think it is very affect because it shows what the society wants and it tells them and it will kind of go bad for them if they do not do what the people want.
The consequences are very bad you can get beaten up,go to jail, or get expelled if you are in school.
a story about Michel Brown was that he got shoot by a white police officer. And that their are protests about the police shooting the African American kid. and it was wrong to kill him because he had his hand in his pockets. And also in stores they are paying minimum wage and not what they are supposed to be paid.
ReplyDelete1 I thing maybe or yes i don't know
ReplyDelete2 About the cop kill Michael brown
3 I don't know wet I thing
4 To get justice to all
5 I real do watt to do it is hard work
6 Not real
7 I thing not at all
8 I will not be in on that
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteIn 1991, Los Angeles police harshly beat African American Rodney king and his two passengers while a civilian videotaped the incident, leading to extensive media coverage and criminal charges against several of the officers involved. Hours after the four police officers involved were acquitted at trial, the Los Angeles riots of 1992 commenced, causing 53 deaths, 2,383 injuries, more than 7,000 fires, damage to 3,100 businesses, and nearly $1 billion in financial losses. After facing federal trial, two of the four the officers were convicted and received 32 months prison sentence. The case was widely seen as a key factor in the reform of the Los Angeles police department.
ReplyDeleteA protest is when you trying to disagree with people. One protest was the immigration that american disagree that mexican people should come here to USA.It is important to protest the immigration for people that come here to work not make the USA horrible.I would protest the immigration because USA is unfair to mexican people that came here to work.Protest is an effective way to change people minds or opinions. The consequences are that when you protest is some people may not like you also getting in a fight or getting arrested.
ReplyDeleteOne of the protest that is going on right now is the protest about the shooting of Michael Brown. People are protesting because Officer Darren Wilson shot and killed Michael Brown for no reason. Its important o protest because not everything is fair and some people stand up for what they believe in. If i would protest about anything i would protest about the shooting of Michael Brown ,I would protest about this because personally i don't think what they decided to was fair. I would protest in Ferguson Missouri around in that city and maybe in the white house , I would be in marches and crowds. Sometimes because it works but at the same time it doesn't because you could get in trouble for it.YES , many things could happen while you are protesting. For example you could go to jail get beaten.
ReplyDeleteone of the protest that happening right now in the outside of Missouri. this protest is about the killing of mike brown . people are in the streets fighting and protesting because the Missouri didn't indite the officer dean . the reason people protest because that they didn't do a fair trail . that mike brown should have gotten a better trail in court. if i was there then i would have protested with them because mike did anything wrong. yes many thing can happen when you protesting and or traveling in large crowds . one is that you can get hurt or in jail.
ReplyDeleteI think that is wrong what the cop did to the kid and a lot of people are protest for what the cop did to the kid.And they should do something to cop because he killed the kid and that what i thing
ReplyDelete