Followers

Friday, May 2, 2014

Friday Assignment Period 2

In the comments field of this post, please write a short paragraph with five complete sentences detailing what you have learned in Globaloria/Flash this semester. You can discuss certain lines of code, or your Black Inventor Game. Be specific and provide details. Use complete sentences.

29 comments:

  1. I learned many new things this year that I did not know before. I learned to make a custom cursor so it can be a potato chip. I also learned how to add sounds to my objects. This is helpful so you will know when you have grabbed a potato. I also learned that the potato chip was created by a black man named George Crum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In globaloria this year if 2013-2014 ive learned about so much. Some of those things ive learned how to ask for help on the wiki. Also another thing is ive learned how to use code & put it correctly. I;ve learned how to make my game work properly. I've learned so much more this year, then last year

    ReplyDelete
  3. This semester on globaloria I learned how to put more code on my game. I learned how easier its to add code. For my game on the Black Inventor i chose George Crum and im making a game of him. For the game im adding a lot of hidden objects to make it more difficult. I learned a lot from globaloria i made already 2 games. !

    ReplyDelete
  4. This semester I learned how to code an enemy and a maze. I also learned how to code a lot of game ingredients. I also learned how how to write a lot in the blogs I do. I am also learning how to things even faster than before. I also learned to ask for help whenever I need help, but mostly tried to figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What I have learned in globaloria is how to move my enemy. I think that was a very interesting path to take because now I know how to do it. Also the adding scoring because last semester when I was making my game it was hard for me to like add it in my game. I think that the black inventor that I am doing is like fun because I can draw all these squirt guns and with out getting in trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What I learned in globaloria this semester was different websites like black inventor.I have learned how to fix coding and new flash coding for characters.I have learned how to draw good players and fix errors.I like how we are doing famous black people that made cool inventions. I have learned to put coding and help other teammates and to post better blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This semester in globaloria wich is a game design class we usually make games based on game code and anaime. This class isall about code this semester ive learned so many things than what i learned last year i feel more avanced . This semester i worked on a black inventor. My game was based on Madam CJ Walker, she was the first woman to create a hair product. After that she became famous for her hair product she became a billionare she basically made history.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What I have learned in globaloria is that we have been making our own games and that we made games about black inventors that was for black history month. Also what I have learned in flash this year about flash is that we got to make games our self and that we get to paste different codes for moving our players and that we get to make them for other kids to have fun in playing our games. So what we have learned this year is that we get to learn allot of things about technology and we get to write different things on our blogs and cool stuff. Also what globaloria is cool because all sort of kids don't get to do fun things what we do like making games and having fun. So I think that globaloria is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. - This year in the wonderful world of Globaloria , I learned a lot about Flash and blogging. I learned a lot from you (Mr Strecfus) I learned how to code which is really cool I guess since one day I want to make my own game. One of the main things i learned how to do was to use Flash because I really didn't know we had the capability to make a game not the best but hey? its a game. I also learned how to blog using blogger before I didn't know how to use a blog. Another main thing i learned during Globaloria was something that had to do with History creating a game about George Carver having to do with his inventions including peanut butter!! Honestly, at first i thought globaloria was going to be boring but its actually pretty fun but it gets kinda hard so you need to pay close attention to every little thing like when your're using code one little mistake can mess up everything! It gets frustrating but at the end its all worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This year I learn many things I learned how to do a scoring.I also learned how to do a timer.This year I learn how to do different things in flash.I also learned that George Murray invented the cotton chopper machine.I also learned that George Murray was one of the first African Americans to serve in Congress.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've learned some things in Flash this semester. I learned more things about coding and the right way to do it. Also I learned to draw more simple things like the main character, the enemy, and the background scenery. There are other things that I still need and would like to learn about. I also learned what Thomas Stewart did that made him a black inventor.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This semester I learned to draw resturuant for my Gorge Crumb game. I know how to get pictures from google and draw then on my game. I just select a picture from google lmages and save as my pictures the I go to flash and draw it but I open a new layer first the I draw it I think that my flash draws look really go specially the horse.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I learn about how to work computer.And thing like working on blog.And the thing I finish.And next time I to more good and be more work on it.And I like the thing like the step you to,and the friends that you work on,and the teacher to.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I learned many new things this year that I did not know before. I learned to make a custom cursor so it can be a potato chip. I also learned how to add sounds to my objects. This is helpful so you will know when you have grabbed a potato. I also learned that the potato chip was created by a black man named George Crum. And some other things is that like how the code is when u put it i there and what the code is it does what ever the code tells it to do. And that the only things that i learn.But i am very new to this and this is my frist year doing all of this stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This semester I have learn about coding, on how you can put surtain code and make the player do things you want. I also learned how the laso tool works & what that tool is for. I have learned how to do a lot of things in this semester. I learned that if you need help and the teacher is busy helping other people,to look for help in the wiki. The wiki gives you a lot of help and it shows you how to do it step by step. That's what I have learned in this semester.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This year in Globaloria I have learned how to do more coding in Flash . Also in Flash I learned how to make the coding work on certain items . I didn't learn how to add coding to key frames and use my actions window . On my Wiki I learned how to add files and upload to the Wiki from Flash . Last year it was very hard for me to do the coding on Flash . But then I learned how to do it , now I'm really good at it .

    ReplyDelete
  17. What i learned this semester in Globaloria is how to add Scoring all i had to do was put the right code in.I really liked this semester because i learned new short cuts to make a game and they are really not hard at all. Another thing I learned in Globaloria this semester was how to add new game ingredients and how to but sound on my game.One of the things i am working on right now is my game of the Black Inventor I choose and that was Valery Thomas and she invented the mirror satellite so pictures from space can come back to Earth.I really like this semester because we have a new teacher he is an amazing teacher called Mr. Streckfust .

    ReplyDelete
  18. What I learned is how to move my player and my enemy.I also learned how to make my game and I learned about coding.I also learned about my black inventor.His name is Garret Morgan and he made the traffic light and the gas mask .I am having a fun time in Globaloria.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I learned to make a custom cursor. I also learned how to add sounds well kinda. I learned many new things this year and I also learned how to do add Scoring. I also learned how to do Create A Collectable. and how to do Move With Game Loop.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have learned more new interesting things in flash that really helped my game come together, like the code that made my player move across the screen and the enemy chase my player. I learned how to fix my coding errors. I learned about black inventors, my game is about Garret Morgan. He invented the stop light and the gas mask. Globaloria thought me more about flash.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I learned many new things this year that I did not know before. I learned to make a custom cursor so it can be a potato chip. I also learned how to add sounds to my objects. This is helpful so you will know when you have grabbed a potato. I also learned that the potato chip was created by a black man named George Crum. And some other things is that like how the code is when u put it i there and what the code is it does what ever the code tells it to do. And that the only things that i learn.But i am very new to this and this is my frist year doing all of this stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This semester was kind of like a review for me. But I did learn some new things and that helped me out A LOT. I learned who created the pencil sharpener; John Lee Love. and to me thats kind of cool...sounds kind of dorky. but if you think about it what would we do without sharpen pencils! In flash I learned that there are so many codes you could use to make it easier to make you game. Another thing is how many tools flash has to make your game look more professional! And... um .. yeah thats it for now bye.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The globaloria class as helped me a lot in the beginning I thought that this class will be boring but at the end I kind of liked the class. At the beginning I was so confused I thought I will not go through .The flash, the globaloria website, the blogger, actually everything was amazing, with a little trouble but awesome.At the end the globaloria class has teached me a lot and has thought me that any drawing can become the game of the life time, is like a ball of fire that is about to exploded.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  25. During this semester I learn to well I relearn to do the platforms and jumping.Another cool thing I learn in flash is that Fatima showed me to get a photo and get flash to draw it for me that's pretty cool. For my inventor game I learn a lot of stuff like that she went and worked for NASA. Right now I am trying to finish up my game for the globies. I am really exited in who my game is going to turn out.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This semester I learned about George Crum, the inventor of the potato chips. One day he received a complaint from a costumer saying that his fries (B/c back then french fries were thick and eaten with a fork) were too thick. So, Crum cut thin potato slices and fried them until they were crispy, added salt and gave them to the customer, surprisingly the customer loved them. He got famous from his potato chips, he opened up his own restaurant and everyone loved the potato chip plate in the middle of the tables. Sadly he never attempted to patent his chips, his invention was sold in bags world-wide.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ever since I began to come to this school Globaloria was one of those classes that was new to me.I understood the premeance make games of course it would take more or less the time to start a game the hardship of putting the code and the game it would be easy on paper hard to get it working codeing was my biggest problem in the class couldn't figure how to work that but over time i overcame that factor and began to be good at it and now that is out of the way i began to create games that are educational which is quite boring.But overall I feel proud of the skills that I achieve and I hope that i would be able to in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  28. this semester in Tech app was that there are so many way to make a game for example. There are platform games,maze games,and many other games.And mostly the fun part is the coding because you can make so many things happen for example. You can make an animation or a full on game cut scene and more and that is what I learned this semester.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This semester I didn't really learn nothing new I just kind of used my knowledge from last year to help me. Making my black history game was a challenge because the steps were not clearly stated and I had little to no help. This semester has actually been an improvement, but I still have things to work on. Some code I remember is ;stop(); and the OnEnterFrame. But that's about it of this semester.

    ReplyDelete