Followers

Friday, May 9, 2014

Friday Blog: P4

Read the article about Apple iPhones below.

This article tells us that Apple is storing locations that you most frequent. 
Do you think that this is a good thing or a bad thing? 
Why do you think it's positive or negative?
How could this private data be helpful to you? 
How could this information be used against you?

Write a COMMENT BELOW about your ideas on this topic. 
Write FIVE complete sentences and use proper punctuation, grammar and spelling.

Your iPhone Knows Exactly Where You've Been, and How Long You Spent There

It's more or less taken as a given that if you have a smartphone and a reasonable Web presence, your data privacy is not your own. But every so often, we're made aware of some feature that's keeping tabs on us in ways that feel particularly invasive. 
Today, that feature is the iPhone's "Frequent Locations." It silently learns about where you spend your time and collects a list of where you've been and how long you spend there. It determines your workplace location (mostly accurately, it seems) from where you are during the day, and your home address from where you spend your nights. Apple says the data "is kept solely on your device and won't be sent to Apple without your consent. It will be used to provide you with personalized services, such as predictive traffic routing." But it still brings to mind questions, such as: Will courts one day subpoena this location data, as they do with text messages? 

28 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a bad thing. Because what if somebody finds out where you stay? Then they could stalk you and watch what you doing. That's pretty disturbing. It could be helpful because if somebody ever wanted to find somebody else then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think its pretty good. But at the same time it's kind of bad because the can track you down or know where you are and stuff. It can give you information about anything. But only if you have and iphone i think. But it can get your information on anything you do. With out you knowing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smart Phones are smart they can help but some of them have problems . I think Smart Phones are kind of expensive because they have more resources that can be fast in the data . For my opinion is a good idea because it can help you find locations or things that you don't know . This information can be negative because there are some problems that you cannot fix . But it could help you in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that's pretty amazing and scary how they know what we do on a regular bases and how long we do it and where we do it and maybe someone can hack into it then stalk us and harm us in the future so i would watch out in the near future when technology gets more futuristic.Beacause we need to have our privacy and they shudent do that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is a bad thing because it violates the constitution. I'd say its a negative thing for our society. This private data could help me like when i get lost and stuff. But this could be used against me if there's hackers and pedophiles stalking me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Smart Phones are smart they can help but some of them have problems. I think Smart Phones are kind of expensive because they have more resources that can be fast in the data. For my opinion is a good idea because it can help you find locations or things that you don't know. This information can be negative because there are some problems that you cannot fix. But it could help you in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that this is very bad and scary. We are being lied to and we don't even know it. This can be both good and bad. Good in the sense that if the gov't needs to find someone they can track them. Bad in the sense that people like pedophiles can find you! I think that this is all planned, they make these amazing devices so people can buy them and the government will be able to track anyone they'd like. Or they just want control of the people. And that's pretty scary.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think its a bad idea because people can know where your at and it can probably give you information about that person. And some people don't like there stuff just there so everybody can see where your at. And it could be a good thing to because what if you get kidnapped or you cant get home they could look on it and find where your at.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think that it is a good thing. Because if you ever get lost or something. You can know where to go or where you at. It could be helpful by knowing where I'm at all the times. It could be against me by telling me the bad things and some where else where I'm not at.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think it could be good or bad thing that iPhones collect a list of your locations. I think that it could be both good and bad because the government already has tabs on everyone. They already know where we are through the chips in our phones. It is already happening, I don't see anything different than what is already going on. People are just making a big deal about it because they feel like their privacy is being invaded while it already has. I feel like if they have this data then it makes the phones more connected to our lives an it will makes it more easy for us. The data could be used against us if we are under investigation about our location. I feel that only in situations that you are in the wrong, then the data will be used against us.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I feel that it is a bit creepy to store trivial information like that. I mean it is cool that the phone can memorize these things for you but, with the high increasing amount of technology. Human dependency on their own talents and skills with go down, we will rely more on machines, so if they know those things like our address someone could go rouge in Apple and use that information negatively. I really don't think its a good idea or necessary to store our information like that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think that they can know where we are and how long we stay there is creepy. I don't really want people knowing where I am..... I'm okay with my mom and dad being able to know where I am. But to have everybody else know is very creepy and weird. I mean what do they do with the information?????????

    ReplyDelete
  16. I say it's all right but, its not at the same time because it gets all your of your information. Somebody could hack your stuff and get all of your information. It has a tracking device that tracks where you have been. Shows where you are at during the day and where you sleep at night.

    ReplyDelete
  17. If iphones are doing that now I think that...it may be a good thing. Why? Because it can help someday that you don't expect it. It also helps watch what you are doing. It can help because what if you want to go to a place you already been to but don't remember where it is, that can help. It can also be used against us because what if you go to a place that your not supposed to, you would just get in trouble for going. (If parents check their phone.)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I dont like it.That's pretty disturbing. It could be helpful because if somebody ever wanted to find somebody else then.It can give you information about anything. But only if you have and iphone i think. But it can get your information on anything you do. With out you knowing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think it is a bad idea. But it is also bad because they will know where you are. I think that we deserve some privacy. And it is our choice if we want to share that information with someone else. Overall I think it is a bad idea.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It is good because phones are phones because they can track your phone if it gets stolen by someone. And you can keep your stuff safe. It can help you find locations and stores and other places. There are some problems that you cannot fix. But it could help you in the future. I like it because it is fun to play on.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think it's a bad idea because people can know where you're at and it can probably give you information about that person. And some people don't like their stuff just there so everybody can see where you're at. And it could be a good thing too because what if you get kidnapped or you can't get home they could look on it and find where you're at.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Smart phones are good phones, but if they know what i'm doing that is bad. If they know where I am that is not bad, because if I get lost it could probably send a signal out somewhere. But what they are doing is violating our privacy. They can not do that that's illegal. Let's say you say something on the internet about someone. They could most likely track you, and find you. So maybe they should change something about that.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I think that the smart phones are cool but I don't like when they have problems. I like to know how they know more things about us because that would help me in the future. And I like too because I can use some of the things that the smart phones remember. Like if I watch a good movie and I don't remember the name of the movie the smart phone can remember the name for me. And I like it because I know that the smart phone can have my things protected.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I think its a good idea but also kind of bad in some ways. It could be by finding people who are lost with the phone. Also it could help to find people that are missing and have their phone. It could be bad in ways of our information in the hands of a bad person. they can take our identity or do something bad.

    ReplyDelete
  27. think that this is very bad. We are being lied to and we don't even know it. This can be both good and bad. . Bad in the sense that people like pedophiles can find you! I think that this is all planned, they make these amazing devices so people can buy them and the government will be able to track anyone they'd like. Or they just want control of the people. And that's pretty scary.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I think it's a bad thing because it would be like to watch the person who has the phone. private data can be good for me because it is a form of communication. This information may be used against me because messages or cell history can be bad. I think the smarthphone cell can have a content marketing surveillance people

    ReplyDelete