Read the article about Apple iPhones below.
This article tells us that Apple is storing locations that you most frequent.
Do you think that this is a good thing or a bad thing?
Why do you think it's positive or negative?
How could this private data be helpful to you?
How could this information be used against you?
Do you think that this is a good thing or a bad thing?
Why do you think it's positive or negative?
How could this private data be helpful to you?
How could this information be used against you?
Write a COMMENT BELOW about your ideas on this topic.
Write FIVE complete sentences and use proper punctuation, grammar and spelling.
Your iPhone Knows Exactly Where You've Been, and How Long You Spent There
It's more or less taken as a given that if you have a smartphone and a reasonable Web presence, your data privacy is not your own. But every so often, we're made aware of some feature that's keeping tabs on us in ways that feel particularly invasive.
Today, that feature is the iPhone's "Frequent Locations." It silently learns about where you spend your time and collects a list of where you've been and how long you spend there. It determines your workplace location (mostly accurately, it seems) from where you are during the day, and your home address from where you spend your nights. Apple says the data "is kept solely on your device and won't be sent to Apple without your consent. It will be used to provide you with personalized services, such as predictive traffic routing." But it still brings to mind questions, such as: Will courts one day subpoena this location data, as they do with text messages?
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI think that it is a bad thing because it knows exactly where you're at. That is invading privacy and not every would be happy about that. But its also a good thing because it helps if criminals have a phone the police can track them down. Its also good because it tells you if there is incoming traffic. Another bad thing is that the phone does not ask permission to the owner if they allow it.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteWhat apple is doing too me it seems like a bad thing. I think people need privacy and don't want people knowing where their at. This private data will help me because i'll know what apple is doing too me and how their watching me and now I can know how too turn something off on my phone so they don't know what i'm doing.This information could also be used against me by helping apple find out where I go and what my hobbies are , so they would know what i'm in to and they find out what they can send ads of. This is my opinion about what apple is doing.
ReplyDeleteI thinks this is bad because people can stalk you by this, and they can do bad things to you. It's also bad, because you can't have your own privacy, because other people can see it to. People can also get information from you, and can use it to do bad things.
ReplyDeletei think that is a bad thing because it knows where you are .And also how long you take there.I think that is negative because we need are privacy.This data is not private and I dont like that part but i like he gps.This information can be hold against me by giving my information to people I dont know.People all around the world probobly.
ReplyDeleteThis is a bad thing because you don't have privacy.
ReplyDeleteThis is also creepy because they know what you do.
Also they know all your information.
You can't do everything whit out people knowing what you have done in the internet.
this needs to stop because it's wrong.
I think it is a bad thing because those people can go and stalk you and you don't know what can happen. I also think it's positive because it can tell you where you are at if you're lost. I don't think it is helpful it can stalk you where ever you are and is inappropriate. It may be used against you to take you away or something can happen to you. Also I think it is bad and I don't like the idea of them stalking me where ever I am.
ReplyDeleteI think it's both a bad and good idea because first; it can help you know where you are if you are lost, and second; hackers can hack into Apple and steal your information. The reason it's negative is due to the fact they know all your data, and that should be only you and a trusted one you know. The only way this private data can be helpful for you is when you really need the information at the right time, meaning that what if you forget something and need it to be able to do something? You can just call Apple and ask for the data you need. This information can be used against you by people who use your information for identity theft or even try to hunt you down and kill you by knowing your location. All that stuff can happen when information and data is leaked, so it's up for you to know what you're getting into when buying a product from a company that needs all that information.
ReplyDeleteI think that having apple locate where you go on is not such a good thing. It is almost as if they stalk your every move. Maybe the location tracking could be a good thing if they have to solve some type of crime. It could be used against me to convict me of some crime that I did not commit. I would suggest that apple not track at what we do unless they have enough evidence to do so.
ReplyDeleteWell to me I think it could be a good and a bad thing. It would just depend on how the person with an Apple device chooses to take it.
ReplyDeleteAs I said before it can be either of them it depends on the customers.
I think that this private date is helpful because if a Apple customer dies the apple company can track when and where the phone was last used. I think that this information can be used against you because it might be useful for identity thieves.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI think thats a god thing that the phones should know where you go and how much you stay their. They sould know because what if someone rob you. And if they rob you the police can just get the location you are on. Also if someone rob your phone you could easily find it and not getting woried allot. Thats the reason that the phones should know where you are and how time you spend at the place you are.
ReplyDeleteI don't think it's a bad thing because all there sending you are adds. I dont think they should be making money of your information. If they are going to sell your information I think you should be notified or given check for your information. I don't think ads sent to your phone is bad all you need to do is ex out of it. Overall I don't think this is bad.
ReplyDeleteIf I phones are doing thins is a good thing,in so many different ways. One way it can help out is if you ever get lost. A other reason is that they are millions of people and what makes us think they are looking at us out of the millions. I still think is a good thing because it can help out with the traffic,if it knows where your at. The last thing is a good thing is that you can turn it off if you want to.
ReplyDeleteI think this is helpful but a little creepy. Its helpful because it will help to do things quickly. Plus to know where you are and you didn't know. Its creepy because they will know most of your privacy stuff. Also they shouldn't know where we are cause that will be kind of like stalking.
ReplyDeleteI think this is nonsense, they are invading my privacy. I think its Crazzzy!!!!! how they know where I am and how long im their. This data could be used against me or maybe even help me sometimes but I still dont think its right for a person to know where I am.
ReplyDeleteI don't think this is good because I personally don't like to share my information with other people. I know that there are options but i dont trust them. I don't want Apple to know were am at. I think this is not cool because then people will know a lot about you by just by seeing were you go.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteIn my opinion, i think this is a bad idea. Not only do you have to spend a lot of money on an IPhone, but they give out your private information as well. This is both creepy and disrespectful. We all need our privacy, it's not like we have anything to hide but that's rude. Its terrible that they think this is a good way to make money, this is rude, stupid, and disrespectful.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHonestly, I think it's all in preference really. I'm fine with it. However, I can see how people can feel really sensitive about things like this, but did people really not know? You can set it to private, or turn it off all entirely. Well, whatever. I think It's useful so family, and friends know where to find me, and see what places I like to go to. Also, as the data is collected, then gives me insight and "suggestions" it can open my window to new things. All is see is something helpful.
ReplyDeleteHowever, some ways it can hurt me is "people". People whom I don't know can find me... But still. I can always set it to private.
I think this is very inappropriate because it should not do that. It does not need too know where you are . At least just to know the street, but not the place. Because you need your privacy. So yeah they should change that before they go to court.
ReplyDeleteI think this is so bad because their is no privacy and confidence. But at the same I think It's something helpful because It doesn't keep all of your privacy.And also its not a good thing to sell your privacy to marketing people, because they can do bad things with your information.Another reason why I don't like this Idea of stalking is because I am going to get an I phone soon.This is basically how people get kidnapped and in trouble with bad people.
ReplyDeletei think that is a bad thing because it knows where you are .And also how long you take there.I think that is negative because we need are privacy.This data is not private and I dont like that part but i like he gps.This information can be hold against me by giving my information to people I dont know.People all around the world probobly.
ReplyDeleteDo you think that this is a good thing or a bad thing? i think it both are good i think that becuse you really dont know if that i phone it gonnna be all over your privacy
ReplyDeleteWhy do you think it's positive or negative?both becuse you are gonna need it in bad situation
How could this private data be helpful to you? yes becuse maybe someone can get to something in your acount.
How could this information be used against you?umm not really
I don't think that the courts will do hat because they are nosey and they want to know everything about you.. The only reason that they have that text message thing is because they want to know what your talking about, if its good or bad. The courts will not do the advantage of sepoean what ever they do. The courts will want your location because what if your a criminal and they are trying to find you.. They can just use the location on your phone.
ReplyDelete