Followers

Friday, May 9, 2014

Friday Blog: P7

Read the article about Apple iPhones below.

This article tells us that Apple is storing locations that you most frequent. 
Do you think that this is a good thing or a bad thing? 
Why do you think it's positive or negative?
How could this private data be helpful to you? 
How could this information be used against you?

Write a COMMENT BELOW about your ideas on this topic. 
Write FIVE complete sentences and use proper punctuation, capitalized eyes(I), grammar and spelling.

Your iPhone Knows Exactly Where You've Been, and How Long You Spent There

It's more or less taken as a given that if you have a smartphone and a reasonable Web presence, your data privacy is not your own. But every so often, we're made aware of some feature that's keeping tabs on us in ways that feel particularly invasive. 
Today, that feature is the iPhone's "Frequent Locations." It silently learns about where you spend your time and collects a list of where you've been and how long you spend there. It determines your workplace location (mostly accurately, it seems) from where you are during the day, and your home address from where you spend your nights. Apple says the data "is kept solely on your device and won't be sent to Apple without your consent. It will be used to provide you with personalized services, such as predictive traffic routing." But it still brings to mind questions, such as: Will courts one day subpoena this location data, as they do with text messages? 

29 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that keeping our location from where we've been thought the day is in some ways good and bad. One good thing is that if someone has an Iphone and gets lost or kidnapped, they could use the phone and check the location where that person could be in. Another good thing is that if we go somewhere with some people and then if you want to go back another day and you don't know where it is, you could just use the phone and check where you were that day and it would help you find out where it is. A bad thing would be that someone could be checking your phone and checking where you could be and like stalk you or something. Lastly, a bad thing would be that the court will be using the data and checking it when they aren't supposed to, that's just adding to how much privacy we don't have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is kinda good in some things. It's good so maybe whenever someone finds a phone, they can find out where they mostly are at and tun it in. Also maybe whenever someone is a criminal they'll find the phone and see where they're mostly at. So it can be used in good things and bad things. You'll maybe never know what those people can do with that type of information. You never know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smart phones are a good thing because you can communicate with others. Now I don't think is good for Iphone's to tell where your location is. I also don't think is good to store your data because people can tell were your things are at. I also think is good so that if you forget you can go back and check it. I also thin is bad because you don't want other people to lokk at your private staff and hack you. This is my opinoin of Iphone's having your locations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, I don't think it's a good idea that IPhone's track what you do It invades your privacy and it's not good. I also don't think its good that it stores your data because you could have private things on your phone that you don't want anyone to know, but people at Apple could be looking at it. I also don't think its good for your phone to know where you live because again its invading your privacy and they could track you down. Another thing that is bad is that it silently learns about where you spend your time and collects a list of where you've been and how long you spend there. So I don't think its good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its good and bad at the same time. Its good ,because if someone ever gets lost they can find their way back home. Its good by if you delete something you can find it where you saved it. Its bad ,because someone can find where you live. Its also bad ,because people can steal from you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well I have a iPhone of my own,and thinking that my phone can tell people where i'm at. The iPhone also can tell your address there people out there that can come to our house.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well I think is that the smart phone should not have the location thing because other people can follow you and found you.And I don't think they should not do that and it is dangerous. But sometimes when your lost it is something you need so they could find you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think that it's good for phones to know where we are at. So if you ever lose your phone you know where is it at. Its negative for phones to know where you at because if your in trouble, they will find you. Its helpful to find your phone. Its unhelpful because they can find you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think that this is good an bad at the same time . Because if you were to get lost it could help you an if your parents needed to find you they could .So it is helpful but the bad thing is that other people can get your information .An they can find out where you are an come an take you so .It has its good an bad in it

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well not everything about this new smartphone seem good or bad. It may be bad only because more stores and phones are being hacked into. Your privacy will never be safe no matter what new technology people come up with. But I guess that the good thing that may come from this is if you may get kidnapped your phone will have at least the last place you were at. And maybe if you need information if you lost something and need to find it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Its kinda creepy that they know where you've been and al that stuff. I dont think they should know EVERYTHING. That's weird tho. And also it would be good in some conditions. Like if you get lost, you could heck where you are and all that stuff. It's bad because it ivades your property, and your private stuff. It's also good because it stores your data.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think that it is weird that the know where we are at . I think that they should get the removed. It can be very dangerous when they know where you are even if they don't allow you to know. But it can be good for when you get kidnapped, but its not everyday you get kidnapped. So it can be good and bad.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think that this is actually good and bad sometimes .Good because if you one day get lost you can use your smartphone to see where you need to go back. Its bad at the same time to because this article might say that the smartphone will not send your privacy to the company but it might not be true. Plus you never know if someone hacks in into the company's information and steel your information from there. Also its bad because hackers can find out where you live and they can do dangerous things to you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well....smartpones or actually veary good but I don't think anyone would want them to know EVERY single thing we do. I guess it's ok for the phone to know what where we are because if we ever get lost thye might find us our way back, but I personally would'nt want my smartphone to know what I do. It's kinda stalkerish. Some people find it ok but I don't it's weird. I guess the bad thing about it is people knowing eveything about you, I wouldnt want my life to be and open book so yeah....well thats what I think about this article Mr. Streckfus.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Honestly having this app Frequent location. Is actually a advantage and disadvantage. First of all most of the time tourists and new comers usually get lost and can not find their way. So this could help them figure out where their at. Though on the other hand. Having people know where you are and your whereabouts is a little dangerous and frightening.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think is a little weird and stalkish that it knows everything and everywhere you went and were you sleep and stuff. I think its also helpful for that for if you get kidnap or you get lost. It is also weird because someone can be stalking you. You can get your phone jacked and they will know all the date of you. I think its a good and bad thing at the same time because a lot of stuff can happen.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think its a bad idea because some weird stalker will know where your are right now and it can probably give out your information about your own private stuff. And some people don't like there stuff just there so everybody can see where your at. And it could be a good thing to because what if you get kidnapped or you cant get home they could look on it and find where your at.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think that is good and bad at the same time. Because if you get kipp nape and u have an iPhone they can find you really fast. But at the same time its bad because you mom or dad can find you and that's not cool. But if you get lost or something the can find you really fast. So that's what I think.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Well since we HAVE to do 5 sentences then i will do them i guess. Well this thing is confusing!!!! But in my personal opinion I think no its not a good thing cause they can stalk you and go to your house and kill you. And because what if someone robs the apple company and they go through the stuff and they find where you live or your number and they can get all your information. Oh oh oh and what if your smartphone memorizes where you are at , and you get get lost then the phone can probably help you get back to where you need to be. Well yeah theres ups and downs, so yeah ...

    ReplyDelete
  25. I think its bad and because the apple company shouldn't do that. Its also bad because they can see what you doing and its like they stalking people. So thats why i think its bad because the apple company its a good company and there gonna take customers away. Thats what i think about that . So I think its bad but its a good company. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I think its a bad thing to have people that can have your information by one click of button.Also its a negative.It could be helpful to me so that i know how much time i spend on my phone. The information could be used against me because someone could use my information as there own and get in trouble ad i would take the blame or it since its my information

    ReplyDelete
  27. I think it is bad and good.It is like stalking where you are and it is also good to know where you have been.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I think its bad because, people can have your information. Its also bad because people can know where your at and take you. But it can also be a good thing because if your lost your parents can find you. Also can track your phone if you lose it.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I think that it is not good or bad depending on the situation.Like i you committed a crime like killed someone it a good thing so the cops can track them down.If the people is doing nothing bad then its just stalker.So i really don't think its bad or good.Like i said its only good if there tracking someone that committed a crime

    ReplyDelete