This article tells us that Apple is storing locations that you most frequent.
Do you think that this is a good thing or a bad thing?
Why?
How could this information be helpful to you?
How could this information be used against you?
Write a COMMENT BELOW about your ideas on this topic.
Write FIVE complete sentences and use proper punctuation, grammar and spelling.
Your iPhone Knows Exactly Where You've Been, and How Long You Spent There
It's more or less taken as a given that if you have a smartphone and a reasonable Web presence, your data privacy is not your own. But every so often, we're made aware of some feature that's keeping tabs on us in ways that feel particularly invasive.
Today, that feature is the iPhone's "Frequent Locations." It silently learns about where you spend your time and collects a list of where you've been and how long you spend there. It determines your workplace location (mostly accurately, it seems) from where you are during the day, and your home address from where you spend your nights. Apple says the data "is kept solely on your device and won't be sent to Apple without your consent. It will be used to provide you with personalized services, such as predictive traffic routing." But it still brings to mind questions, such as: Will courts one day subpoena this location data, as they do with text messages?
I think that having apple locate where you go on is not such a good thing. It is almost as if they stalk your every move. Maybe the location tracking could be a good thing if they have to solve some type of crime. It could be used against me to convict me of some crime that I did not commit. I would suggest that apple not track at what we do unless they have enough evidence to do so.
ReplyDeleteI like this article because it talks about modern technology. It can help because they could keep your account and privacy safe. It could be used against you because they would know where you are at. The reason I think its good is because if you're learning illegal things in the internet they can stop you from doing these illegal things. I think it's bad because if your watching or doing stuff that is private they would know what you are doing.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI think that this is kind of like good that this does this. I say that because like what if you need that website again because you forgot something. So I think this is very helpful that the I phone does this. Also because you may never know what your doing because you forget so u need to go back and find what you were doing. So yeah i think this is very helpful that this I phone does this.
ReplyDeleteI don't have an iPhone,but I sure as heck don't want my phone being a tracking device. I think it is both a good and bad thing. If someone stole your phone, you can track it down to it's location and maybe get it back. But if someone was tracking you down, you'd be found pretty quickly and I would feel bad for you. I don't think anyone will actually do something about this, maybe they'll just ignore it and hope for the best.
ReplyDeleteI think that having this is good and bad.
ReplyDeleteGood - having this in your phone is good because if someone steals your phone you can log into these services and find your phone where ever its at? Also for crimes so like the article stated they can use them for court like if someone does a crime and were stupid enough to leave "Frequent locations" on the phone the investagators can find them.
Bad - I wouldn't turn this feature on, in my opinion because I wouldn't want somebody knowing where I'm at 24/7 it says that all this is kept to your self but, is it really? People always say that someones watching your phone .. what if someone hacks into your phone? Then what?!?! I just would not have this feature on. It has its goods and its bads I guess.
In my opinion i honestly think this is great its amazing how technology is so advanced now a day. I think this is very helpful in many ways. For example it could be used to locate someone who has been kidnapped or lost or dissapeared. This a great way to look for someone. It is good to know where people are and where theyve been and where they spend most of their time. In my opinion i think this is great technology used now a day to look for someone that is amazing, and im sure they will have some other program even more advanced on in the future.
ReplyDeleteIn my opinion i think that the tracking thing is a bad idea.Its like if someone was stalking you everywhere you go. Its almost like the Talking Angela game. But it also could be good if police or someone is looking for a crime to solve. But in my opinion is not a good idea i believe that all people think the same.
ReplyDeleteBy reading this article my bias opinion is that this can work both ways it can e good and can be bad. for the good news its interesting to know that the iPhone will store this data like a memory. And remember some of the more Frequent Locations that you go to.The bad news. Is that if it knows were you spend most of the time it is a likely chance that hackers can hack the system. And be able to tell where ever the person could be at that I seem to be a bit caution with but its only my opinion.
ReplyDeleteI think its a bad idea because we have to have privacy, and we don't need people to see or know what we are doing, or where we are at. It can be helpful because it tells you were there is traffic, or what the weather is. Its bad also in a way that people with those phones need their privacy. That's gonna mean that people that they don't know are looking at it. That is my opinion.
ReplyDeleteWell in my opinion I think its both good and bad. For this reason being, it has its pros and cons. Pros are that maybe you lost your keys of something every important and you need to look back at every place you have been that day.Cons may be that you start getting paranoid with it and you want it to be private. Aso another reason it could be a good thing is that maybe someone committed a crime and another person gets blamed, they can look back at this and the police will know where they were at that time. But then again they should make it be a setting so they ca turn it off if they would like and keep it on if they would like also. Well thats all of the input I have on this conversation. Bye
ReplyDeleteI think having apple locate isnt a bad thing or good thing. It is bad if you do bad stuff and you dont want people to find out what you do. It can be usefull like if something bad happens to you and they can easily locate you with Apple Locate. For me I am not sure if I should get it. It is really helpfull thought it can come in handy some day.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteIts a little in between whether its a good thing or bad thing. It could be a god thing in case that person needs something, but it could also be a bad thing because its collecting all of your information and people could get a old of it without your permission. The information could be used against you in a lot of ways. Imagine if you're in court and if you say something, they'll find anything on your phone and use it against you.
ReplyDeleteI think that this is kind of like good that this does this. I say that because like what if you need that website again because you forgot something. So I think this is very helpful that the I phone does this. Also because you may never know what your doing because you forget so u need to go back and find what you were doing. So yeah i think this is very helpful that this I phone does this.And some more things about it has a tracking device because of if somebody steels there phone they can tract them and find who took and stole thier phone
ReplyDeleteI think this good because it's keeping your information stored in your phone and it won't send it to apple without your constant. This information can be helpful to me because its storing information that one day you might need. This can also help me by telling me were I been all day. This could be used against me because there storing the information of what I do all day. This can also be used against me because cause they are going to see my personal information.
ReplyDeleteI think that people should have there privacy themselves. They don't have to worry about people looking true there privacy or other stuff. I phones should not be watching peoples location how long they spent there,i'ts like stalking other people. Phones should get permission from the person that is okay for they to check where they at and all that stuff.I am starting to dislike phones because of all the privacy things.
ReplyDeleteI sure as heck don't want my phone being a tracking device. I think it is both a good and bad thing. If someone stole your phone, you can track it down to it's location and maybe get it back. Also think its a bad idea because we have to have privacy, and we don't need people to see or know what we are doing, or where we are at.
ReplyDeleteIs good and bad. Because is to call your mam or you dad and more. Is good to us your iphone and spend it on a day but is helps you get to place or get something on the internet. But is not good to text and drive. Because you well die by crashing.
ReplyDeleteI think that it is a bad thing because it knows exactly where you're at. That is invading privacy and not every would be happy about that. But its also a good thing because it helps if criminals have a phone the police can track them down. Its also good because it tells you if there is incoming traffic. Another bad thing is that the phone does not ask permission to the owner if they allow it.
ReplyDeletei don't have a ipone i had a galaxy. I think that having an ifone is good. Depending what you doing with it. For example niw i wodent have one cause I don't want sokkers. Now it all depend on the other people if they want to be trakt down. :-D
ReplyDeleteI think it is good and at the same time it is bad. The good thing is that so they can get to know you. The bad thing is people can look you up and they can see where you live and find you. They can also see all your personal stuff. They can hack your stuff to and take everything from you.
ReplyDeleteThe article was very interesting, I like how the are honest about the whole information. This is vey good but also bad because the information that is giving in the phone can go to the wrong hands and can fall in the wrong hands. I also think that this is very good because as the parents of the teen of today have many concerns of there kids. So I hoe that the court can find a balance in the information that are phones give.
ReplyDeleteI for sure do not want my phone to be a tracking device. I think its a good and bad idea. Its good because it can help you get to places. But then its bad, at least for me because I don't want my phone to be a tracking device.I also think its a bad idea because we deserve privacy.
ReplyDeleteI thank that it is not a good idea,because what if a person hacked into the app and threatened the government to tell people from a another country about the hack another thing that is bad is if your watching or doing stuff that is private they would know what you are doing and that is illegal.
ReplyDeleteI think it is good but at the same time is bad. The good thing is that they can know you more I guess. And the bad thing is that they can know what you do with your phone and they can also see all your personal stuff. That is invading privacy and not every would be happy about that.
ReplyDeleteI thank that it is not a good idea,because.What if a person hacked into the app and threatened the government.Then they tell people from a another country about the hack. Another thing that is bad is if your watching or doing stuff that is private they would know what you are doing and that is illegal.Also what would happen if anarchy happen the whole country would be rioting.`
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI would say it is a 50/50 idea. It's pretty cool that they can tell where we are and can help with traffic and stuff like that. Then again it is a bad idea because of the simple fact that some people do not want to be found even if they aren't criminals. People want to keep their stuff private. Apple can easily still share your private stuff without you knowing. Also they may say that they won't share your stuff, but you never know. So it's better to just not have that idea so we can keep people safe.
ReplyDeleteI personally don't have an IPhone but I think that's actually good thing for them because they will have somewhere closer to go to. But I think Samsung phones are way better but that's just my opinion. I don't want my phone to be a tracking device.I also think its a bad idea because we deserve privacy.
ReplyDeleteWell I think is both. Is bad because you can not get the privacy that you need. And is good because if you ever get kidnap they can use your location to find you.This information can be helpful to you because is they are accusing you of a crime scene you can prove that you were not in that location you supposed to be in. And it can not be helpful because it can harm you if you were doing something bad and end up in jail.
ReplyDelete10 facts about my topic
ReplyDelete~The invention of peanuts
~Inventor, Botanist, Chemist, Scientist
~Born 1864
~was born into slavery in Diamond, Missouri,
~He died in 1943.
~George was located by an agent of Moses Carver and returned to Missouri.
~Carver embarked on a career of teaching and research
~Carver delivered a speech before the Peanut Growers Association, attesting to the wide potential of peanuts