Followers

Friday, May 9, 2014

Friday Blog: P1

http://www.newsweek.com/your-iphone-knows-exactly-where-youve-been-and-how-long-you-spent-there-249475

Read the article below.
This article tells us that Apple is storing locations that you most frequent. Do you think that this is a good thing or a bad thing? Why? How could this information be helpful to you? How could this information be used against you?

Write a COMMENT BELOW about your ideas on this topic. Write FIVE complete sentences and use proper punctuation, grammar and spelling.

Your iPhone Knows Exactly Where You've Been, and How Long You Spent There

It's more or less taken as a given that if you have a smartphone and a reasonable Web presence, your data privacy is not your own. But every so often, we're made aware of some feature that's keeping tabs on us in ways that feel particularly invasive. 
Today, that feature is the iPhone's "Frequent Locations." It silently learns about where you spend your time and collects a list of where you've been and how long you spend there. It determines your workplace location (mostly accurately, it seems) from where you are during the day, and your home address from where you spend your nights. Apple says the data "is kept solely on your device and won't be sent to Apple without your consent. It will be used to provide you with personalized services, such as predictive traffic routing." But it still brings to mind questions, such as: Will courts one day subpoena this location data, as they do with text messages? 

23 comments:

  1. omg it's so rude to have a mini gps that follows you even when you don't want it to. If it was up to me and if I had an Iphone I'd sue them. it's like having a mini police officer following you every where you go. If we can't have privacy than you can sue them. I need to have privacy that thing even knows when you've used the restroom. if nobody sues them I will that's pretty much stalking

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that it's kind of rude for your phone to be tracking where you are. Its like if your phone was stalking you. Like why do they want to know where you at and how long you stay there ? I also think its like over protective. Your going to feel weird knowing a gps on your phone is tracking you everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think its kinda creepy because that is just weird how my phone knows about where I have been at and how long I have been their.I love my iphone but cant somebody track me like that. What if a killer tracks me down and trys to kill me or something just by hacking into a computer system and tracking where I have been recently. I think the goverment should have kept that a secret, because people are really smart now days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well its right.There's a lot of phones that can track down where you are or where you've been.Also they might see your private things that you have in your phone.It's kind of freaky that phones can do that.Its like if there stalking you everywhere you go.Everybody needs some privacy.I don't want people to know where I am.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it is not a good thing because no one is going to like them being stalk or to know were they are.I don't have an idea to this iPhone knowing were you are.Thats why i don't have an iPhone because is just doing stuff that we might not like.If I had an idea for this I would use to track to people that are missing or wanted.Its good when you lose your phone but I still don't like it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think its kind of creepy that it knows where you've been and how long you were there. If someone hacks into he system they could know where your at and how long you have been there. They can even know where you live and im pretty sure i don't want a random person knowing where i live. It can be cereal killer or some stalker that follows you. If they hack into the system they know where you live

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think its good tat it locates where we are because we could use it to see if there's traffic around and it can give us directions to a place. I also think its bad that it is locating us 24/7 because its like stalking and we don't have privacy at all,but it all depends on how you look at it some could care less if there being tracked but others might not like it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i think that that application should be deleted. or if they still have then to delete the data. I think that it invades you're privacy. Because it knows where you live. it also knows you're work location.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have an iPhone and I knew that it does this.....but its a good thing. My iPhone alerts me when there's traffic on the route that I go to school. You can also see where you've been and it wont let this information go to other apps, even if your jail broken. Even if someone stole your phone, you can track where they have been on any device. Android, Windows and Blackberry cant do this.....soo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think its bad that the apple phones keep track of where you been at. Its also OK if you need to know some stuff or if the police has to track you down. It might be weird because you think its kinda stocking you. I think its a bad thing because what if people track you down and does something bad to you. I believe its a bad thing to track you down because your life might be at risk.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is kinda good in some things. Its good so maybe whenever someone finds a phone, they can find out where they mostly are at and tun it in. Also maybe whenever someone is a criminal they'll find the phone and see where they're mostly at. So it can be used in good things and bad things. You'll maybe never know what those people can do with that type of information. You never know.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think its disrespectful to have a iphone tracking where u are. It is like people following you getting in your business and its over protective. But at the same time its good because if something happens you will be able to get help and it can find out where your at.you will be able to get help faster because it will know where u are at.its all about being safe for your own good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think its bad because I wouldn't want somebody to track me. That's kind of creepy, especially because you wouldn't want people to know were you live. But in some ways its good. Because it tracks your phone, and if somebody steals it, you would know were they are. Or if you loose it, you could know were it is.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think it's good to have a phone know were the last place you were. And for your phone to know how long you've been there. Because if you like left your phone somewhere or something then you could easily track it down. But at the same time if it is not important than it would be weird for the phone to just track where you are and when. But anyways I think this is a good use.

    ReplyDelete
  16. its weird. why should apple know where you are 24/7. to know that other people know where you are all the time. its straight creepy. and the fact that you dont know.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think i'ts a good and bad thing. It is good because if you lose your iPhone you can track it. But its bad because it is kind of taking up your personal things. Like you might not want anyone to know where you were at what time. So there is always a good and bad side.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think its good for your phone to know where you been because you might get lost. And people might need something to track you down. Or if kids go somewhere without permission their parents can know where theyre at. So that they can make sure theyre okay. And nothing will happen to them.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well personally I think that it's a little weird. There are so many possibilites of what can happen. What about if somebody stole your phone , and it shows where you were ? A lot of things can happen. It can also be a good thing too. When you lose your phone you can track it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think that they should not view were we had been at and they should remove it and only use it for something important like if there is criminal out and they should use it to find that criminal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that they should not view were we had been at and they should remove.It and only use it for something important like if there is criminal out and they should use it to find that criminal.And to not let other people people use it.

      Delete
  21. I think its good to know where you have been. If a kid gets lost you can find them. If your phone gets lost you can also find it. But they shouldn't know where you are at all times. I think its a good and bad thing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think its kinda creepy because that is just weird how my phone knows about where I have been at and how long I have been their.
    I think that it's a little weird. I think it's weird for an iphone knowing there you at . I think its a bad thing because what if people track you down and does something bad to you.

    ReplyDelete